The battle of refreshments. Popcorn kills Nachos, Pizza kills Milk Dudes.
- Panel 1
And now a brief INTERMISSION
- Panel 2
Milk Dudes, Soda, and Popcorn (singing): ♪Let's go out to the lobby!♪ ♪Let's go out to the lobby!♪ ♪Let's go out to the lobby—and have ourselves a snack!♪
- Panel 3
Pizza: Your time has come and gone Popcorn! Today's patron enjoys more nourishing fare... like pizza!
Nachos: Or nachos!
Soy Latté: Or soy lattés!
- Panel 4
Popcorn: You fools! We've been loved by moviegoers for over 50 years! Do you know the kind of power that gives us?
- Panel 5
Popcorn: We have become like unto tiny refreshing GODS!
- Panel 6
The various movie snack engage in battle
Popcorn stikes Nachos down, "BZZZZZAP!"
Pizza runs Milk Dudes through with his sword.
- Panel 7
Soda: Milk Dudes! No!
Milk Dudes: Promise me one thing Soda...
Soda: Anything, old friend.
- Panel 8
Milk Dudes: Promise me...that you'll...*cough*
Milk Dudes: ...you'll dispose of my body in the waste receptacles...conveniently located by the theater exits...
- Panel 9
- Panel 10
We now return to
The Order of the Stick
- The comic is based on "Let's All Go to the Lobby", an old advertisement in movie theaters.
- Milk Dudes avoids the trademarked candy name, Milk Duds.
- This is the first appearance of Pizza and Soda.
- This is the only appearance of several of the snackfood characters: Milk Dudes, Popcorn, Nachos, and Soy Latté. They also have an appearance in a bonus strip in Blood Runs in the Family.
- A related character, Mocha Latté, appears in #350.
- In #1140, it is revealed that the snackfood characters actually existed in the same universe (though not the same world).
- In the No Cure for the Paladin Blues book, this strip is placed between #283 and #284 instead.