|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||10 December 2003|
|View the comic|
- The Order of the Stick
- Trigak ◀ ▶
- Panel 1
Roy: All done?
Vaarsuvius: Indeed. I have refreshed my repetoire [sic] of magic spells.
- Panel 2
Vaarsuvius: My mind is afire with the arcane power that threatens to burst forth. The day is new, and the dawn, while unseen, greets my freshly-renewed mystic power.
- Panel 3
Vaarsuvius: If only I had a target upon which to unleash my mighty magic...
- Panel 4
Roy, Elan, and Belkar arrive pursued by Trigak.
Trigak's Dragon Head: Xykon sends you death!
Haley: Help! Roy! V!
- Panel 5
Roy: It's all you, dog.
- Panel 6
Vaarsuvius: I love the smell of bat guano in the morning. Smells like... victory.
- Panel 7
Trigak is enveloped in a Fireball spell.
- Panel 8
Vaarsuvius: Lightning Bolt!
Trigak is struck by a Lightning Bolt.
- Panel 9
Vaarsuvius: Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion!!!
Trigak's Lion Head: Wait, what?
- Panel 10
Trigack cannot be seen, but spiky purple tentacles spill onto the panel.
Trigak (off-panel): AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Roy: Oof, that has GOT to be uncomfortable.
Elan: I can't watch.
Belkar: In the future, remind me to wait until late afternoon before insulting Vaarsuvius.
Trigak (off-panel): The horror... the horror!
Belkar: At the earliest.
D&D Context Edit
- Bat guano is a required component for the Fireball spell.
- Fireball and Lightning Bolt are real D&D spells. Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion is not. Its name is based on Evard's Black Tentacles.
- The title is a reference to the film Apocalypse Now.
- Similarly, Vaarsivius' line, "I love the smell of bat guano in the morning" line is a reference to Lt.Col. Kilgore's "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" line.
- Trigak's line, "The horror...the horror!" is also a reference to Marlon Brando's famous line from Apocalypse Now.