|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||14 July 2004|
|View the comic|
The Order take a much-needed break.
- The Order of the Stick
- A Marilith
- A Harpy
- A Medusa
- A female Goblin (petrified)
- A Succubus
- A female Drow
- A Green Hag
- A female Pixie
- Goblin in the Women's Toilet ▶
- Panel 1
Vaarsuvius: I shall wait for you masters of tact and subtlety out here.
Elan: Aren't you going to use the bathroom, V?
- Panel 2
Vaarsuvius: I need not. My noble elven metabolism is far more efficient than your own, and I need only concern myself with such base needs every few weeks or so.
Elan: Oooh! Like a camel?
- Panel 3
Vaarsuvius: Sure, why not.
- Panel 4
Elan enters the toilet.
Elan: Hey Roy, did you know that Vaarsuvius is half-camel?
Roy: Is there anything I can say to that question that will end this conversation quicker?
Elan: Not really.
Durkon removes his armor in the stall, "clank! clank! clank!"
- Panel 5
Elan: Unless he's half-dromedary...
Belkar: Ahhh! I feel 30lbs. lighter!
Roy: You only weigh 30lb. in the first place.
- Panel 6
Elan: I wonder what the ECL on a half-camel is.
Belkar: Well, it's got to be pretty low since V is a primary spellcaster.
Roy: Belkar, don't encourage him.
A sign above the sinks reads, "Employees must wash hands and/or tentacles before returning to work."
- Panel 7
Belkar, Roy, Elan and Durkon leave the toilet and meet up with Vaarsuvius again.
Elan: I think I can see the hump!
Vaarsuvius: Are we quite done here?
Roy: That depends. Has anyone seen Haley?
- Panel 8
Wide panel showing the inside of the female toilets, with a string of female monsters all standing in a queue.
Haley: Darn it! Why is there ALWAYS a line???
D&D Context Edit
- The creatures in the women's bathroom are, from left to right: Human (Haley), goblin, pixie, green hag, drow, succubus, another goblin, medusa, harpy, and a marilith. Notice that the stoned goblin is standing right behind the medusa.
- Elan: I wonder what the ECL on a half-camel is. ◀ ▶
- Some special races have ECL, or Effective Character Level. These races are considered too powerful to have normally and have character level penalties to compensate.
- Belkar: Well, it's got to be pretty low since V is a primary spellcaster.
- Primary spellcasters are the spellcasters that can reach 9th-level spells (including Wizards, Sorcerers, Clerics and Druids; excluding Bards, Rangers, Paladins). They are generally considered top-tier classes. They generally don't want to have level penalties because they want to reach high level spells as quickly as possible.
- Elan's "like a camel" statement is a reference to the commonly held and incorrect belief that camels store water in their humps.
- In Panel 7, Durkon has a piece of toilet paper stuck to his foot.
- This is the first appearance of the Goblin in the women's toilet. She is the non-petrified goblin. She will return in Hordes of Xykon.