Battle is joined between the Order of the Stick and the Vector Legion.
- Order of the Stick
- Mr. Scruffy ◀ ▶
- Blackwing ◀ ▶
- The Vector Legion
- Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator ◀ ▶
- Tarquin's Triceratops ◀ ▶
- Panel 1
Belkar: Crap! Evil Father Patrol dead ahead!
- Panel 2
Elan: Oh no! I should've known my dad wouldn't bring along such a cool mount without using it!
Roy: Belkar, break left!
- Panel 3
Vaarsuvius: Hold Monster.
- Panel 4
Miron: Greater Dispel Magic.
- Panel 5
Haley: Hey Miron, sorry I can't pay that ransom—I spent all my money on arrows!
Haley: Want some?
Haley fires a rapid barrage of arrows, "fft! fft! fft! fft! fft!"
- Panel 6
Tarquin catches a pair of arrows, "snatch! snatch!". One bounces off of Miron's shield, "dink!", but two strike him, "thunk! thunk!"
- Panel 7
Psionic energy crackles around Laurin's head...
- Panel 8
...sending out a beam that hit's Haley.
- Panel 9
Roy: V's got her, Elan.
- Panel 10
Roy: Belkar, don't let up. I think we're pulling away.
Belkar: No way is some lame ass herbivore gonna catch—
- Panel 11
Tarquin's Triceratops emerges from a wormhole directly in front of Bloodfeast, who pulls up short.
D&D Context Edit
- Laurin continues to use her Wormhole power from AD&D 2nd Edition. The exact rules to translate it for 3.5 edition (which governs Order of the Stick) are not clear.
- Hold Monster is a 5th level spell which cause any creature to be frozen in place.
- Greater Dispel Magic is a 6th level spell that can cancel other magical effects, such as V's Hold Monster spell.
- Haley fires five arrows in one round in panel 5. Note that her Boots of Speed are glowing lime green, indicating that she is Hasted (see strip #3, etc.), so she gets her normal three attacks, plus one attack for being hasted. The fifth attack must therefore be due to her Rapid Shot feat.
- Which psion power Laurin is using to attack Haley in panel 7 is unclear, but one possibility would be the 1st level power Mind Thrust. It can be scaled up to do more damage by using more power points.
- Likewise, Miron's defensive spell is unspecified, but the most likely candidates are Shield or Mage Armor.
- This is the first strip that shows Miron is a spellcaster.