|“Curtains for You”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||27 January 2010|
|View the comic|
Redcloak, Jirix and MitD are preparing a speech to thousands of goblins.
- Redcloak (one-eyed) ◀ ▶
- The Monster in the Darkness ◀ ▶
- A Demon-Roach ◀ ▶
- Hobgoblin Priest with Orange Symbol ▶
- Hobgoblin Cleric #2 ▶
- A Hobgoblin Stage Manager
- Six Goblins
- Thousands of Hobgoblins
- Panel 1
Stage Manager (off-panel): Hey!
MitD (singing): ♪Gonna find my pal the paladin!♪♪
- Panel 2
Stage Manager: Where have you been? We've been looking all over for you!
MitD: I didn't do it! And if I did do it, I didn't know I could do it until I did it!
- Panel 3
Stage Manager: What? No, we need you to pull something.
MitD: Oh! OK, but I should warn you that I'm a lot better at pushing than pulling. Pulling has all those tricky parts where you hold something AND move it.
MitD: At the same time!
- Panel 4
Stage Manager: Just stand here and when I point to you, pull the rope.
Hobgoblin Priest with Orange Symbol: So we're just waiting on the Supreme Leader?
Hobgoblin Cleric #2: He'll be here soon. He's in his study.
- Panel 5
Redcloak looks in a mirror.
- Panel 6
Redcloak: It'll all be worth it. You'll see.
- Panel 7
Redcloak climbs up some stairs.
- Panel 8
Redcloak: I'm ready.
Hobgoblin Priest with Orange Symbol: OK, people, we're ready. Let's all make history.
Stage Manager: Now!
Stage Manager: Now!
- Panel 9
MitD pulls the rope, "squeak, squeak"
- Panel 10
Redcloak stands on a balcony.
- Panel 11
Ten thousand goblins look up at the balcony.
- Panel 12
MitD: Listen to all those cheers.
MitD: I guess they really appreciate a good pull.
Demon-Roach: Don't we all, kid? Don't we all?
- Curtains, Slang. the end; death, especially by violence.
- In panels 5 and 6, Redcloak looks in the mirror and talks to his image. His brother, Right-Eye, lost his left eye to the Sapphire Guard. Redcloak lost his own right eye to O-Chul in #655. Thus when Redcloak looks in the mirror and the missing eye is reversed, he looks just like his own brother, to whom he is speaking.
- This is the first appearance of the Hobgoblin Cleric with Orange Symbol and the unfortunately named Hobgoblin Cleric #2.