The Council of Clan Elders begins, and the vampires arrive.
- Creed of the Stone Usher with Sandy Hair (gaseous) ◀ ▶
- Clan Whiterock Elder ▶
- Clan Whiterock Elder's Daughter ▶
- Clan Whiterock Female Guard ▶
- Clan Whiterock Male Guard ▶
- Council of Clans Guard with Black Beard ▶
- Council of Clans Guard with Grey Beard ▶
- Council of Clans Guard with Grey Beard on Upstairs ▶
- Council of Clans Guard with Yellow Beard ▶
- Council of Clans Relief #1 ▶
- Council of Clans Relief #2 ▶
- Council of Clans Relief #3 ▶
- A Council of Clans Guard
- Panel 1
Clan Whiterock Elder (off-panel): Preposterous.
- Panel 2
Underground, just outside the council chambers.
Clan Whiterock Elder: Absurd, even. What are they thinking?
CClan Whiterock Elder's Daughter: I don't know, Mother.
- Panel 3
Clan Whiterock Elder: They're not thinking, I'll tell you that much. Summoning us to gather on short notice.
Clan Whiterock Elder's Daughter: Yes, Mother.
- Panel 4
Clan Whiterock Elder: I am a very important dwarf!
Clan Whiterock Elder: I am sure if I thought about it, I could come up with better things I could be doing than traveling all the way up to this Odin-forsaken town.
Clan Whiterock Elder's Daughter: I'm sure, Mother.
- Panel 5
Clan Whiterock Elder: You know I don't like being this close to the surface.
They pass through an orange colored barrier
Clan Whiterock Elder's Daughter: It makes your joints ache.
Clan Whiterock Elder: It makes my joints ache!
- Panel 6
Clan Whiterock Elder: Every few years, that damn messenger comes and summons me to some inane Council of Clan Elders, and for what?
Clan Whiterock Elder's Daughter: Vast wealth and societal influence as the matriarch of a major clan?
Clan Whiterock Elder: I mean besides that!
- Panel 7
Clan Whiterock Elder: I assure you, if there were any way to get out of making a decision on whatever ridiculous proposal is about to be put forth—
- Panel 8
The guards are revealed to be Dominated.
Clan Whiterock Elder: —I would take it in a heartbeat.
CotS Usher with Sandy Hair: Don't got one of those, but otherwise: Good news!
D&D Context Edit
- The Creed of the Stone Usher is demonstrating two vampire special abilities in this strip; she has assumed gaseous form and has dominated the guards.
- The title is likely a pun on The Elder Scrolls series of computer role playing games by Bethesda Softworks. It could alternatively be a pun on the Elder Sign, a symbol in the Cthulhu mythos created by H.P. Lovecraft.
- This is the first appearance of everyone in this strip, except for the gaseous vampire.
External Links Edit