|“Green Means Go”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||27 October 2015|
|View the comic|
Powered up by the Greenhilt Sword, a revived Roy lays into "Durkon".
- Roy Greenhilt (also empowered) ◀ ▶
- Durkon Thundershield (as vampire) ◀ ▶
- "Durkon" ◀ ▶
- Veldrina ◀ ▶
- High Priests of the Northern Pantheon:
- Representative of the Southern Pantheon ◀ ▶
- Panel 1
- Panel 2
Roy leaps from the balcony, slashing the vampire with his flaming sword, "THNNK!!
Roy: You are just some undead thing hiding behind his face!
- Panel 3
Roy: I don't know whether you started out as Durkon and turned into this, or you're just squatting in his corpse—
Roy: —but I was stupid to think it even matters!
High Priest of Hel: Slay Liv-
- Panel 4
Roy cuts him off with the Spellsplinter Maneuver.
Roy: How many different levels of denial was I in, anyways?!?
- Panel 5
Roy: I am going to stop you, and if that means I never get my friend back because he was twisted into being you—
- Panel 6
Roy: —then I will be sad—
Roy lifts the High Priest of Hel in the air with a "SLASH!"
- Panel 7
Roy: —but you will be DEAD!
Roy smashes the High Priest, "WHAKKKT!", sending him flying across the room.
- Panel 8
"Durkon" is smashed into a wall by the blow, "KRNTCH!!", leaving an impact mark.
- Panel 9
Roy and his sword continue glowing.
- Panel 10
Roy notices the green flames.
- Panel 11
The green flames dissipate.
- Panel 12
Roy: Well, that was weird.
D&D Context Edit
- "Durkon" attempted to cast the 5th level Slay Living spell, which causes instant death if the subject fail a Fortitude save.
- Roy disrupted the spell with his Spellsplinter Maneuver feat.
- Green Means Go is the first strip referring to street light colors, preceeding Red Means Stop and Yellow Means Caution.
- Roy's comment in the last panel highlights that the full-body flames is something markedly different than the normal green flames which have on occasion erupted from the Greenhilt Sword itself.