The storm damages the Mechane's controls and injures Felix. Elan jumps into the role as the party's backup healer.
- Haley Starshine ◀ ▶
- Elan ◀ ▶
- The Crew of the Mechane
- Banjo the Clown (as doctor) ◀
- Panel 1
Felix: Captain, that lightning hit us square! Both main propellers are stalled and we're losing—
- Panel 2
The control panel goes up in flames, "FWOOSH!"
- Panel 3
Haley: I'm right behind you.
- Panel 4
Haley fires two arrows from her Icy Burst bow, "FFFT! FFFT!"
- Panel 5
They lodge themselves in the control panel, "THUNK! THUNK!", and their burst of cold extinguishes the flames, "FSSSSSS!"
- Panel 6
Haley: ...I didn't just make that worse, did I?
Bandana: Worry 'bout it when all my people are safe.
Bandana: What are you waiting for? Midships, on the double!
Mateo: Aye, Captain.
Bandana: Hang in there, Felix. We've got you.
Haley: Elan, can you help him?
Elan: I think it might be more than I can handle. I'm going to need assistance.
- Panel 7
Elan: What do you think, Doctor Banjo?
Elan (as Banjo): "Let's operate, Nurse Elan!"
- Panel 8
Elan: Cure Critical Wounds!
As Elan casts the spell, Banjo pokes Felix with his miniature scalpel, "POKE!"
- Panel 9
Elan: Pull through! Pull through, darn it!
Haley: I choose to focus on how deeply he's immersed himself in his new role as backup healer.
Elan: You have so much to live for—you've only been in three pages so far!
D&D Context Edit
- Cure Critical Wounds is a 4th level spell, and the most recent spell that Elan has acquired. Elan mentioned he wanted to swap his 4th level spell for it in #647, so he must have leveled up another time since then.
- The title is a pun on the term "method actor", as Elan has embraced the role.
- This is the first appearance of Mateo, who is at the helm of the Mechane in this strip.
- This is the first appearance of the Mechane Crewwoman with Blonde Hair.
- As Elan notes, this is this third appearance of Felix. He also appeared in #935 and #943.