|“The Cleric is 'In'”|
|Order of the Stick comic|
|Date published||22 October 2003|
|View the comic|
After the tough fights, the Order turns to Durkon for first aid.
- The Order of the Stick
- Panel 1
Durkon: Well, thar ogres be dun fer. So what're we doin' next?
- Panel 2
The wounded Roy, Haley and Belkar see Durkon as a pack of band-aids.
- Panel 3
Durkon: Oh, Right.
- Panel 4
- Panel 5
Elan walks in, beaten and bruised with a pair of swords stuck in him.
Elan (singing): Clot, Clot, Clot my bleeding arteries!
- Panel 6
Elan: Hi Haley. Look, I found all these free swords. They were in my spleen.
- Panel 7
Durkon: How badly are ye hurt, lad?
Elan: That depends...
- Panel 8
Elan is holding one of his internal organs.
Elan: How important is one of these?
D&D Context Edit
- Cure Serious Wounds is a 3rd level cleric spell which heals 3d8 points of damage +1 point of damage per level.
- Cure Light Wounds is a 1st level cleric spell which heals 1d8 points of damage +1 point of damage per level.
- The title is a play on the phrase "The Doctor is in". In the Peanuts comic Lucy van Pelt often set up a psychiatric help booth. A sign on the front of the booth read, "The doctor is", with a reversible placard displaying "in" or "out".
- This is the first comic in which Elan is named.
- In Book 1, "Dungeon Crawlin' Fools", the strip is edited so that Durkon-as-a-box-of-Band-Aids is labeled "Bandages" instead.